For the last few months I've been saving the tissue-paper wrapping that comes in boxes (Amazon uses it frequently), I didn't really have a plan for what to do with it, it just seemed worthy of keeping. Well, I finally found the perfect rainy day project for using it on this site – tissue paper tie-dye. The results of this project were quite beautiful, as evidenced by the fact that the girls hung their creations all over the walls of their room.
Here's the scoop: You'll need – tissue paper, rubber bands, and liquid watercolors or food coloring.
1. Cut the tissue paper into large rectangles (about 16×20 inches).
2. Accordion fold the paper back and forth into one long rectangle.
3. Then fold the bottom right corner to the left edge to make a triangle. Continue turning and pressing until you have one large triangle.
4. Place rubber bands on the paper triangle.
5. Dip in different colors of food coloring or liquid watercolors
6. We then patted the triangle-paper down with paper towels to get rid of some of the excess liquid.
7. CAREFULLY unwrap. This would probably work best if you waited until the paper was dry, but we were too impatient. Post by Darcy : bedtimemonsters.blogspot.com