Then there is the heart, which in this project will symbolize the love of “getting crafty with it!” These waxy creations look stunning when the light shines through. They are so easy, you’ll fall in love!
Supplies for Melt My Heart Valentines Decorations:
- Wax paper (12 x 16” sheets)
- 2 large paper bags
- Pinking shears or scissors
- Hole punch
- Yarn or String
1. Remove the paper from your crayons, and determine your colors.
4. Lay down a brown paper bag on your ironing surface. Then place the wax paper “sandwich” on top of it.
5. Protect your iron by using the 2nd paper bag to cover everything.
7. Set the iron aside and slowly peel back the brown bag. Check to see if all the shavings have melted. Repeat to make several sheets.
9. Punch a hole and string yarn through.
10. Hang your beauties in the window!
Post by Cara Reche. When young, Cara had two imaginary friends. As their friendship grew, so did her imagination. Cara loves to “get crafty with it” and is the Associate Art Director at the Land of Nod.