I’m always looking for breakfast options that will make my daughter eat and these work well in the morning and at snack time. They are very low fat and tasty without being sugary.
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and quartered (I use any kind of apple and usually use 2-4)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup standard muffin tin with cooking spray or use liners; set aside. Cut 3 apple quarters into 1/4-inch dice; cut remaining apple quarter into 12 thin slices for garnish.
- Whisk together sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add diced apple and walnuts, if using; toss to coat.Whisk together eggs, buttermilk, and butter in a small bowl. Gently fold buttermilk mixture into flour mixture until just combined; do not overmix. Divide batter among muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Top each with an apple slice. Bake until muffins are brown around edges and spring back when touched, 16 to 18 minutes. Let muffins cool slightly, about 5 minutes, before turning out of tin onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Need more tasty recipes and delicious bites? Check out our Let’s Eat Pinterest Board.
Post by Giulia Doyle : Fishly News