Hi friends! One of the items on our Winter List is a "popcorn party." We experimented by making a bunch of different flavors of popcorn, and took the winning batch over to share with some friends. The flavors we made were: cinnamon, cookies & cream, spicy buffalo, and mint-chocolate.
Cookies + cream won by a landslide. Bonus: It's the easiest to make, too!
I don't usually make up my own recipes, but this one just kind of fell together. Popcorn + chocolate + cookies…pretty foolproof.
2 bags un-buttered microwave popcorn
1 bag white chocolate chips
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 pkg double stuff oreos
1. Pop the popcorn according to package directions; dump it in a huge bowl.
2. While the popcorn is popping, put all the Oreos in a ziploc bag, and crush with a rolling pin.
3. Mix the chocolate chips + vegetable oil, and melt in microwave; stirring every 30 seconds until smooth. (About 3 30-second go-rounds will do the trick).
4. Pour the melted chocolate chips and the crushed Oreos in with the popcorn and mix well.
5. Spread the popcorn on waxed paper until the chocolate sets up.
A couple notes:
Finding un-buttered popcorn can be kind of a challenge. There's usually some in the organic section; and I believe Orville Redenbacher makes a "Simply Salted" variety. That'll work just fine.
While I'm sure regular Oreos would be sufficient, the extra filling in the double-stuffs kind of mixes with the white chocolate creating a more authentic "cookies & cream" experience. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to Oreos, the more filling the better.
Post by Christina Williams : justcallmechris.blogspot.com