Name: Rebekka Seale (www.rebekkamannseale.com)
Hometown: Fairhope, Alabama
Current Town of Residence: Nashville, Tennessee
- Would you rather travel by plane, train, car or ship Train? Always train. Preferably down the Crescent line to New Orleans, where I can eat fresh oysters and fall asleep listening to Dixieland jazz.
- I spend most of my work day at my desk with a tiny brush in my hand.
- You can find me eating buttered toast and strong coffee for breakfast.
- How many times do you usually hit the snooze button after your alarm goes off? Zero! I’m one of those crazy folks that wake up a long time before the sun does.
- What is your zodiac sign? Taurus. And, from what I hear, I’m a prototypical one.
- Got any pets? Tell us about them. Mabel and Lina: two little cats that look like sisters but they’re not. Mabel is the queen of our home. Lina is the baby.
- Favorite restaurant? Highlands Bar and Grill in Birmingham, Alabama.
- If you could have lunch with any person from the past, present or future, who would it be? Julia Child or Flannery O’Conner. Both would be ideal.
- What’s a song that you never get sick of? “Dream a Little Dream of Me” (all versions of it!)
- Tell us about your Nod Institute of Art print, how you made it or your inspiration behind it. “Owl in Flight” was part of a series of alphabet paintings I created last year. I wanted him to be whimsical and full of joy, painting the sky as he soared across it.