At Nod, we believe your home should be a celebration of family. We'll be featuring our Managing Director, Michelle, at home celebrating her own family with recipes, crafts and décor created by our friend Sweet Paul.
It's a big day here at home for Nod's managing director Michelle. Her youngest son Everett is getting ready for his first day of kindergarten. But Everett's not the only one celebrating. The whole family has gotten together to throw him a party. And what better way to celebrate than with a few tasty treats. It just goes to show that any milestone can be a way to get the whole family together for a little fun & a little food.
STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES adpated from Sweet Paul Magazine.
Makes about 12
1 stick butter, room temperature
¼ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ cup chopped strawberry whipped cream
15 strawberry slices
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and beat well between each.
4. Add vanilla, flour and baking powder.
5. Mix together until you have a smooth batter.
6. Fold in the strawberries – don’t stir them in.
7. Divide batter in a cupcake pan.
8. Bake until firm to the touch, about 20 minutes.
9. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a sliced strawberry.