After learning, this spring, how easy it is to make body scrubs (check out the recipe here for our wonderful rosemary sage scrub), the kids and I keep experimenting with different recipes. For winter, peppermint seemed like a much needed ingredient, perfect for teachers' gifts.
Here's our (rather imprecise) recipe:
PEPPERMINT BODY SCRUB
1. Fill a mason jar approximately 1/2 to 3/4 full with sea salt (the coarser, the better).
2. Slowly pour Almond Oil Sweet Oil over the salt, until it just covers the top. (Note that the scrubs photographed above have way too much oil, so we drained a lot of it off (and added more salt as well)).
3. Add about 5 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil
5. Smell. Add more peppermint if necessary. If the scrub is too oily, pour off some of the top oil.
6. Scrub. If you don't want to use this as a body scrub, it also works great on hands (just keep it next to the sink). I love making it with the kids because they can "help" and it's almost impossible to mess up. HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!!
Post by Darcy : No Monsters in My Bed