Written by Anna Passadori, Nod’s resident trend expert
Dorm rooms can be drab and sterile – so we’re here to help! This room will serve as a place to sleep, hang out, study and more. It’s important to accessorize, create storage, organization and make it your own. Here are the top five things to think about when picking out dorm room accessories as well as some of our favorite examples below:
1) Storage, storage, storage!! Thoughtful storage is a must-have for tiny dorm rooms. Skip the generic plastic bins and use this as an opportunity to bring in some color & style.
2) Wall art that reminds them of home, such as personalized maps or frames with personal photos, will help curb any homesick feelings.
3) Make the room study-friendly with lots of task lighting. Throw pillows and cozy blankets are necessary for late night study sessions on dorm room beds.
4) Add some poufs so friends have a place to sit, and bring in your own desk chair to complete the look.
5) And lastly, accessories are key! A great rug, a fun clock, hooks to hang bags or a glamorous mirror keeps your room unique, fun and fresh.
Dewey Decimal Grey & White Drawers / Orange Perfect Pitch Storage Caddy / Black Nod Art Frame / Blue Saved by the Cube Bin / Grey Sweatshirt Blanket / Blue Indie Plaid Sham / Green Clip It Lamp / Green Geometric Throw Pillow / Red Hola Throw Pillow / Yellow Sun Throw Pillow / Green Homeroom Metal Chair / White Shaggy Pouf / Bubble Wall Clock / Prism Rug
Perfect Circle Corkboard / Bow Hook / Where the Heart Is Wall Art / Black Houndstooth Floor Bin / White I Love Lamp / Snug As A Bug Pink Velvet Quilt / Swiss Dot Pillow Sham / Bonjour Throw Pillow / Pom Pom Throw Pillow / Bow Girl Throw Pillow / Now You See It Acrylic Desk Chair / Gold Faux Leather Pouf / Scallop Mirror / Grey Big Band Rug / Grey Chime After Chime Alarm Clock