Post by Corri McFadden of Glitter & Bubbles
There is no better way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day than with a batch of colorful Rainbow Cupcakes! These cupcakes will be the hit of any St. Pattie’s Day party and impress all the kids, and Mom’s too, in your child’s classroom.
To create these fun St. Patrick’s Day Rainbow Cupcakes, you will need:
- Gluten free yellow cake mix (regular will work too)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup water
- Vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- Airhead Xtremes
How to make them:
- Start by cutting ¼ off of the Airhead Xtreme and continuing to do so with however many rainbows you will need. Take the larger pieces that remain and position them over a glass bowl, then pop them in the freezer. This will create the rainbow shape!
- Then, in a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, and butter. Mix until smooth.
- Next, Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line the cupcake tin with liners and spoon in the cake mix so they are ¾ of the way full. You don’t want them to overflow!
- Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until the cake springs at your touch.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix the vanilla frosting with green food coloring until they are well combined.
- To check if your cupcakes are done, insert a toothpick into the center of a single cake and see if it comes out clean. If your toothpick is clean, remove the cupcakes from the oven and set them aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Once they are cool, frost your cupcakes and use a knife to create two small slits on opposite sides of the top of the cupcake.
- Remove the Airdhead Xtreme rainbows from the freezer and insert each end in the slits on the cupcake. Place a Rolo at each end of the rainbow (each one is a pot of gold!)
These colorful and delicious Rainbow Cupcakes are ready to be eaten!
Need more tasty recipes and delicious bites? Check out our Let’s Eat Pinterest Board.
Corri McFadden is the owner and founder of eDrop-Off Luxury Consignment. As a Style Expert and successful blogger, she hosts a weekly fashion segment on Chicago’s “You and Me This Morning”, and features “Style Recipes”, videos and Fashion “Must Haves” on her self-titled lifestyle website Corri McFadden. Most recently, she launched Glitter and Bubbles, a modern day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, food and décor.