Post by Lidy of Hello Lidy
It’s no secret, I love plants! I have a plant in almost every room in our home. It’s an instant way to make the space feel fresh! The only place you won’t see plants are obviously, the kids rooms. They are too curious for their own good and so I’ve avoided a predictable disaster. But these DIY Faux Cacti and Terrariums will do the trick!
DIY Faux Cacti Terrariums Materials:
- Colorful Foam paper (with sticky back)
- Mini Green Houses (I got mine from IKEA)
DIY Faux Cacti Terrariums Instructions:
- Gather your supplies.
- Simply sketch out your cacti (google different cactus to see which form you prefer) and planter on the back of your foam paper.
- Using your scissors, carefully cut out your cacti and planter.
- Peel the back off and stick to the inside of one of your greenhouses. You can use a sharpie to add the little spines (spikes).
- Repeat step for the second one. It’s so easy!
Now the kids can enjoy their very own cacti that won’t prick or poke! They also add a great pop of color in their space, which is perfect for summer! It would be so fun to do a whole wall installation of these of various cacti hanging from different levels on a wall. The terrariums have little holes at the top which makes it easy to string twine from. It sure would make an interesting focal point, don’t you think?!
Now off to make a few more with the kids!