Post by Rebecca of Not So SAHM
Have you ever heard of bubble tea!? It’s a Taiwanese tea-based drink that is a frothy mix of milk, tea, fruit and tapioca pearls (boba). It’s also FULL of caffeine and sugar, which is probably why it is one of my favorite sweet treats. But it’s a fun experience that I always wanted to share with the kids — albeit in a much healthier way. So we came up with this fun colorful take on the drink that is much more kid-friend my kiddos LOVED it!
To make our kid-friendly healthy bubble tea, you’ll need:
- 1 cup rainbow boba
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups frozen fruit (we used strawberries we picked and froze ourselves)
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- bubble tea straws (not necessary, but it’s much more fun to eat this way because you can scoop up the pearls and regular straws are too narrow to fit the boba!)
How to make:
- Make rainbow boba according to package directions.
- Blend almond milk, frozen fruit, and honey in a blender.
- Divide boba equally between two glasses and fill with fruit milk blend.
- Top with a bubble tea straw and go to town!
P.S. thanks to The Land of Nod for the fabulous + bubbly garlands!! I continue to be totally obsessed with all the Nod garlands and use them for everything from party styling to wrapping presents to permanent room decor.
Rebecca is a mom to two young kiddos and, in her spare time (ha!), likes to pretend she’s a back-up dancer, craft cocktails, and run long distances. A relatively recent SAHM, she blogs family-friendly activities, DIYs and celebration fun at Not-So-SAHM.