Post by Rae Ann Kelly
Easter is such a fun time of year for crafting with little ones and with all the rainy days it’s nice to have a festive craft or two on hand. These fun and easy Easter egg balloons and bunny weights filled with sweets are sure to keep them entertained. They’ll love getting crafty and really love carrying their creations around with them while snacking on treats. Keep reading for the simple tutorials and supply lists!
To make the Easter Egg Balloons you’ll need:
- 1″ round office label stickers
- Markers or colored pencils
- Color in the round stickers. You’ll want about 24 stickers (or 2 sheets) per balloon. No need to stay in the lines!
- Blow up the balloon, tie a knot and secure with twine. Stick round labels on the balloon to your liking.
- Repeat with additional balloons!
To make the Easter Ear Goodie Bags (i.e. Balloon Weights) you’ll need:
- This template
- A pencil
- A hole punch
- Treat bags that are about 5×7″
- Treats or candy
- Print and cutout template. Trace onto the front side of a goodie bag and cutout.
- Laying the template on top of goodie bag, use small circle guides to hole punch (4 per bag)
- Fill with treats.
- Cut about an 8” piece of twine. Thread through the two inside holes. Cinch together and tie knot.
- Thread through the outside holes. Secure with a knot and then tie into a bow.
- Play with the ears until they look how you like. One ear bent down and to the side adds a cute touch!
Rae Ann blogs at Rae Ann Kelly and is a kid wrangler, graphic designer, food & craft nut. Her blog features little tidbits about her day to day life & design projects, tutorials for DIY’s, free downloads, yummy recipes, lots of kid friendly ideas and outfit inspiration.