Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
With Father’s Day right around the corner (yay Dads!), we are always looking for ways to show our Dad’s some love while satisfying their sweet tooth. These yummy Lemon cookies are not only easy to make, but you can add a personal element with letter cookies cutters and iced frosting that your little one can draw on!
Spell it out, draw it out, shout it out – WE LOVE YOU DAD!
For the Cookies:
- 1 Box Lemon Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- ‘D’ Cookie Cutter
- ‘A’ Cookie Cutter
- Food Markers
For the Frosting:
- 1 Cup Confectioners’ Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Milk
- ¼ Teaspoon Clear Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Corn Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the cake mix, eggs and vanilla extract. Once combined, add in the vegetable oil, sugar and lemon juice.
- Place the cookie dough on a greased baking sheet in 1.5 inch balls and bake.
- Once the cookies have been in the oven for 3-4 minutes, use the back of a spoon to gently push the tops of the cookies down. Allow them to bake for another 7-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately use the cookie cutters to cut out the ‘d’ and ‘a’ letters.
- Combine the milk, clear vanilla extract, corn syrup and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl.
- Once the cookies have cooled, use a brush to top the cookies with this frosting (you may have to do 2-3 layers). Wait 20-30 to let the frosting harden.
- Allow your little to gently color on the frosting (if they poke a hole in the cookies just coat with another layer of frosting) and serve to dad!
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!