Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
Every party needs to have a dip and chip and what better way to celebrate than with stars! I love to entertain, but am a working Mom, so I favor quick and easy recipes (oh, and tasty too!). This go to salsa takes minutes to prepare and is always a fan favorite. The star chips are also great for tiny hands and tend to go quick so be prepared to make extra. Best part…the display is picture perfect and will look like you put some sweat in the kitchen (and we all know a running toddler gives us enough of this!)
3-4 White Tortilla Shells
Salt & Pepper
4 Small Tomatoes
1/4 Cup Chopped Green Onions
1/2 Cup Chopped Red Onion
2 Tablespoons Chopped Cilantro
1 Chopped & Seeded Jalapeno
1 Tablespoon Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut star shapes from the tortilla shells.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with salted olive oil. Set the star tortilla shapes on top and brush with more salted olive oil. Lightly sprinkle with pepper.
3. Bake for 4 minutes and flip the tortilla shells over. Bake for another 4 minutes or until the tortilla stars are crispy.
4. Dice the green and red onion, cilantro, jalapeno and tomatoes. Combine in a large bowl.
5. Mix in the lime juice and garlic powder and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
7. Serve the Pico de Gallo with the Star Chips!
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!