Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
Dining at home with your little doesn’t mean you have to eat the same thing, but it also doesn’t mean you need to prepare two opposing meals. Find some common ground, in this case English Muffins, and build on that. With so many ways to eat them you and your babes will have a ton of fun building these and experimenting with different ingredients in the kitchen. They are a huge hit at breakfast, lunch and dinner, so don’t be afraid to get creative! This is a fantastic way to get the little chef in your house to try new things…maybe even veggies. A parent can dream, right?
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Strips of Bacon, Cooked & Crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Pear, Thinly Sliced
- ¼ Cup Pancetta, Baked & Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Grape Jelly
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter
- 4 Strawberries, Halved
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the pancetta on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 7-10 minutes or until crispy.
- Cook the bacon on a grill pan until crispy, flipping occasionally. Remove from heat, allow to cool, then crumble.
- Place a medium sized cookie cutter on a skillet and spray both with cooking spray. Crack an egg into the center of cookie cutter, this will keep your egg nice and round. Allow to cook sunny side up until done. Repeat this process with another egg.
- Place three English Muffins (6 halves) into the toaster. Top two halves with peanut butter, two halves with ricotta cheese and then sprinkle the remaining two halves with shredded cheddar.
- Top the cheddar cheese halves with the crumbled bacon and eggs.
- Spread jelly on the peanut butter halves and garnish with strawberries.
- Top the ricotta halves with thin slices of pear (we used a Mandolin), followed
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!