Post by Youth Independent Party, aka YIP
We love a good upcycling project that brings new life to things that might otherwise end up in a landfill, so we came up with this easy DIY Halloween Glow Stick Lanyards using old t-shirts that are the perfect add to any Halloween costume for fun and safe trick-or-treating.
What You’ll Need
- Old t-shirts and/or fabric loops
- Glow sticks with lanyard hook
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
How to Make
- Take your old t-shirts and cut them across the body widthwise into approximately 1-inch strips. (It doesn’t have to be exact.)
- Stretch the strips until they become rounded loops.
- Twist two loops together and insert into glow stick lanyard hook. This is your lanyard.
- String beads onto other fabric strips and tie onto the lanyard to customize the look.
- To adjust the length of lanyard, tie a small strip of fabric at desired length and cut excess at back.
Keep celebrating this spectacularly spooky holiday with our fun Halloween decorations!
Youth Independent Party (or YIP, like our friends call us) is all about easy-to-wear, sustainable kids’ basics, many of which are made with fabrics created from 100% recycled materials.