Post by Youth Independent Party, aka YIP
We love a good upcycling project that brings new life to things that might otherwise end up in a landfill, so we came up with this easy DIY Halloween Glow Stick Lanyards using old t-shirts that are the perfect add to any Halloween costume for fun and safe trick-or-treating.
What You’ll Need
- Old t-shirts and/or fabric loops
- Glow sticks with lanyard hook
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
How to Make
- Take your old t-shirts and cut them across the body widthwise into approximately 1-inch strips. (It doesn’t have to be exact.)
- Stretch the strips until they become rounded loops.
- Twist two loops together and insert into glow stick lanyard hook. This is your lanyard.
- String beads onto other fabric strips and tie onto the lanyard to customize the look.
- To adjust the length of lanyard, tie a small strip of fabric at desired length and cut excess at back.
Youth Independent Party (or YIP, like our friends call us) is all about easy-to-wear, sustainable kids’ basics, many of which are made with fabrics created from 100% recycled materials.