Post by Rae Ann Kelly
There’s so much to love about Halloween; Pumpkins, pumpkin patches, and pumpkin spice, to name a few (ha!), but my favorite part has to be the costumes! If you or your little ones are like me, then you’ll enjoy this Halloween headbands craft. I’ve put together these fun bat, pumpkin, and cat headbands that are as much fun to make as they are to wear. Keep scrolling for the supply list and instructions!
- Halloween Headband PDF Template
- Black +/ or white poster board (or other craft paper)
- Black + white card stock
- Pencil + ruler
- Glue or double stick tape
- Stapler (optional)
- 1.5″ or .75″ circle punch
- Cut poster board into 22 x 3″ strips for the headbands
- Download template, print, and cutout. Trace onto card stock and cutout.
- Let the kids use glue or double sided tape to add ears, eyes, fangs, etc. to the middle of the headbands. For the bat wings, make a fold along the straight edge to add the glue to so they pop out from the side of the headbands.
- Finish by closing the headbands to the size of the child’s head with a stapler or tape.
Rae Ann blogs at Rae Ann Kelly and is a kid wrangler, graphic designer, food & craft nut. Her blog features little tidbits about her day to day life & design projects, tutorials for DIY’s, free downloads, yummy recipes, lots of kid friendly ideas and outfit inspiration.