Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
Putting a healthy spin on some of my favorite meals has become a necessity now that Zelda and I are sharing food. Once she sees me eating something, she immediately wants it, so it’s very important for me to set a healthy example. I came across IPS Chips when I was in the Vitamin Shoppe and was impressed when I read that one ounce of these chips contains as much protein as a single egg! We loaded on our favorite veggies, substituted cottage cheese for sour cream (it cuts out so much fat) and had a blast eating our walking tacos right out of the bag. I cut a hole in the center for Zelda to make it more accessible for her tiny hands. Not into eating out of the bag? Just pour the mix into a bowl, it makes for a delicious salad!
- 4 Bags IPS Egg White Chips
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 10-15 Sliced Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped Green Onion
- 1/4 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1-2 Cubed Avocados
- 2 Tablespoons Cilantro
- 4 Tablespoons Crumbled Feta
- Place the ground turkey in a bowl and combine with the garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper, using your hands.
- Brush a skillet with olive oil and cook the ground turkey over medium heat for 7-10 minutes, flipping every so often.
- Cut open the top of the IPS chips bag and pour in even amounts of the ground turkey, cherry tomatoes, green onion, avocado, feta, cottage cheese and cilantro.
- Secure with a clothespin and shake to combine.
- Cut a whole in the center and eat!
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!