Post by Rae Ann Kelly
We’re less than a month away from Valentine’s Day and while my kids are still trying to decide what kinds of cards, candies and knick-knacks to give their friends, I’ve been trying to plan simple activities to help get us all in the Love Day spirit.
Baking is one of my favorite ways to celebrate any holiday and spend time with my kids, but working in the kitchen with an oven can make it hard for the littler ones to help much. So over the weekend we went the no-bake route and dipped Oreo cookies in chocolate in a heart shape and then covered them in sprinkles. They were a big hit and my little bakers seemed to have a lot of fun in the process too.
So get your sprinkles ready… The no-bake cookie recipe is below!
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- White backing chocolate
- Favorite festive sprinkles
- Wax or parchment paper
- Line baking sheet or cutting board with wax or parchment paper.
- Melt chocolates according to package directions.
- Dip cookies in melted chocolate at an angle and on both sides to create a heart like shape. Lay on prepared baking sheet and use a spoon to fill in the edges of chocolate and make more curved. Sprinkle with sprinkles. Repeat until cookies are finished.
- Let set for about 20 minutes or until chocolate has hardened… Sticking in the fridge or freezer will speed this step up a bit!
- Then eat or package up and share with friends!
So simple even the littlest toddler hands can help.
And so yummy, finding help eating them won’t be difficult either. I certainly don’t know anyone that would turn down an Oreo let alone a chocolate and sprinkle dipped one!
P.S. – If you are interested in more cookie dipping ideas, try this cute penguin version.
Rae Ann blogs at Rae Ann Kelly and is a kid wrangler, graphic designer, food & craft nut. Her blog features little tidbits about her day to day life & design projects, tutorials for DIY’s, free downloads, yummy recipes, lots of kid friendly ideas and outfit inspiration.