Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and this year we’re serving up something savory. Potato, butter and cheese are staples in Ireland, so we combined them all to make the perfect little appetizer. These bite sized potatoes take less than 30 minutes to make and will put your family in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit! What does your family do to celebrate?
- Kerrygold Irish Butter
- Kerrygold Irish Cheddar
- 10-12 Red Potatoes
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3-4 Pieces of Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion, Chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the potatoes crosswise 3/4 of the way.
- Using a mandoline, slice thin pieces of green pepper and place into every other cut of the potato.
- Next, slice the cheddar into small pieces and place in the remaining openings.
- Spread butter over the top of each potato and bake for 7-10 minutes.
- Slice the green onions and cook the bacon and then crumble.
- Once out of the oven, top the potatoes with a small dollop of sour cream, bacon and green onions.
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!