Post by Corri of Glitter and Bubbles
Easter is right around the corner and we’re gearing up with egg hunts, Easter brunch and these adorable bunny bottom cupcakes! This Pinterest-worthy recipe is much easier than it looks (don’t be intimidated mamas and papas!). Grab your favorite sprinkles and your best Easter decor and hit the kitchen.
A little warning, your babe’s mouth is sure to turn green from the frosting, but that’s half the fun, right?! What do you make on Easter to celebrate?
- 1 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- ½ Cup Melted Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 ¾ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ Cup Milk
- 12 Mini Marshmallows
- 0-15 Regular Marshmallows
- White Pearl Sprinkles
- Pink Candy Pearls
- Pink Sprinkles Jimmies
- 1 Tablespoon Corn Syrup
- Vanilla Frosting
- Green Gel Food Coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and in a bowl, whisk together the butter and the coconut sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla.
- Using a spatula or electric mixer, combine the baking powder and slowly add in the flour, ½ a cup at a time, followed by the milk and mix together until smooth.
- Line a muffin pan with liners and spray with cooking spray. Pour the cake mix into each liner so that each is ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 23-27 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cupcakes are baking, mix together the vanilla frosting and 2-3 drops of food coloring. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the counter and pour the corn syrup and the white pearls into two separate small bowls.
- Use a brush to apply a light but thorough layer of corn syrup to a mini marshmallow and then dip into the white pearl sprinkles until coated. Use a toothpick to remove any excess sprinkles and place on the parchment paper to dry (this is the bunny tail). Repeat this with each mini marshmallow.
- Cut the large marshmallows width-wise with scissors (approximately 1/8 inch thick). Arrange three of the pink jimmies sprinkles at the top (these are the claws) and three pearl candies at the bottom (these are the paw pads).
- Cut the top off a regular sized marshmallow and frost the cupcake. Place the cut marshmallow on top of the cupcake (with the cut side down). Brush the top center lightly with corn syrup and secure the tail.
- Place the feet on top of the cupcake so they lean on the large marshmallow. Repeat steps 12 and 13 until the cupcakes are all decorated. Serve to your family!
Corri McFadden is the Owner/Founder of eDrop-Off luxury consignment and creator of Glitter and Bubbles, a modern-day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, décor and food. The site was launched in honor of her daughter and muse, Zelda and gives daily doses of stylish “must haves”, easy recipes and unique décor that are suited to inspire even the busiest of Moms!