Nothing brightens up a cloudy day quite like challah french toast! We’re adding this to our breakfast options as we kick off the school year. What are you planning to make for your kiddos?
Cloudy Day French Toast & Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- A pinch of kosher salt
- 1 loaf challah bread, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and salt until blended.
- Pour into a large baking dish and soak bread slices for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy skillet or griddle over medium-high heat until bubbly.
- Transfer 2 slices to skillet and cook until golden brown on each side.
- Cook remaining bread in batches, adding more butter as needed.
- Whisk together blueberries, water, and sugar in a small saucepan over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat slightly until it simmers and cook until thickened, about ten minutes.
- Remove from heat and add lemon juice; serve immediately.
Post by Kelsey Nixon
Kelsey is an Emmy-nominated TV personality, author, wife, mom, and cooking show host. Her show, Kelsey’s Essentials on Cooking Channel, centers around a tip, technique or tool that shows the home cook how to navigate the kitchen. You can also catch Kelsey dishing about her experiences as a new mom on Family Food and First Time Mom. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.