Thanksgiving week is here! Whether you’re hosting family, attending a gathering, or planning for a play date, I have a super creative & easy Thanksgiving dessert that is perfectly festive!
These Rice Krispies Turkey Legs are easy, fun and your kids can even help you make them! Seriously, they are perfect for little hands! Or, get a few smiles from the adults by bringing them to a family or work gathering this week! – Now everyone can have a leg! Read below for the full recipe/ instructions for this fun and easy Thanksgiving dessert!
Yields approximately 12 turkey legs
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal or Cocoa Krispies Cereal
- I thought it would be fun to do a combination of both white and dark “meat” so used 3 cups of Rice Krispies and 3 cups Cocoa Krispies
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows (10 oz)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bag of Wilton Candy Melts: White
- 6 pretzel rods
- Parchment paper
- Cut pretzel rods in half and set aside.
- Line a tray or your work surface with a large sheet of parchment paper.
- Then, melt your candy melts per package instructions in a thin/ tall cup (to dip pretzel rods in).
- Once melted and ready to use, dip the ends only of each pretzel half into the melted chocolate. Let any excess drip off and then press two mini marshmallows onto the tip of the pretzel, to resemble a bone (as seen in photos).
- Lay the pretzels with marshmallows attached on your parchment paper. Repeat with remaining (11) pretzel halves and then wait approximately 5-7 minutes until chocolate is completely hardened/ dry.
- Then, dip the pretzel halves back into the chocolate, one at a time, 2 inches or so inches up on the pretzel rod. Then lay back on parchment paper. Again, repeating with all pretzels.
- While covered pretzels are drying, melt the rest of your marshmallows and butter in a large bowl for approximately 1 minute, until smooth and well-combined.
- Slowly add in your Rice Krispies Cereal and mix until well-combined.
- Next, spray a little cooking spray on your hands to keep cereal mixture from sticking to your hands, and grab a ball of the mix forming it in your hands and then stick it onto a pretzel stick. Continue to shape it around the pretzel rod until it resembles a turkey leg. Place on parchment paper to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat with all remaining turkey legs and then serve up, or store in a sealed container or resealable bag.
Pair these fun treats with festive, handmade headbands (all you need is some construction paper, scissors, and glue), and have a fun play date or day with your own little ones that will be sure to get them in the Thanksgiving spirit! These Rice Krispies Turkey Legs are also a unique party addition or even a fun (and edible!) table display. Enjoy, give thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving friends!
POST BY LUNCHES + LITTLES
Lunches + Littles focuses on quick, healthy and fun meal options for little ones while sharing practical tips & tricks on how to make meals enjoyable, all the while keeping things simple. A lover of colorful plates and an advocate for getting kids in the kitchen, Lunches + Littles is also a great resource for parents of picky eaters, parents looking for healthy family and toddler recipes and those mamas (dads too!) who are short on time. A mantra of sorts: Making meals fun doesn’t have to be hard! With 3 little ones (3 and under) it can’t be! Follow @lunchesandlittles for all of the above… And more!