Whether you are heading out to a gathering with friends or staying at home as a family, when it comes to New Year’s Eve celebrations, there seems to be just one big requirement: good eats!
Last year for the occasion, I made up a batch of my Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Dip and was shocked at how fast it was devoured – by both the adults and kids! See below for the complete recipe. This dip is yummy, easy to make, portable and can even be made ahead of time, which is perfect for a busy mama like me! With chicken, cheese and tons of flavor, what’s not to love?!
- 16 oz. plain cream cheese (usually 2 packages), softened
- 1/2 cup diced green chilis (drained if canned)
- 2 cups mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 3-4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, plus extra for sprinkling on top once cooked
- 3 cups shredded chicken (more or less depending on preference)
- Salt and pepper to taste
* You will also need tortilla chips to dip! – Buy your favorite store-bought ones, or make your own!
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients above and mix, mix, mix!
- Transfer dip mixture to a cast-iron skillet and bake until warmed through and bubbly; 25- 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese if desired, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm with chips and get dipping!
* Please note: this recipe makes a large, party size batch of dip, so get ready to share! And… Happy New Year!
POST BY LUNCHES + LITTLES
Lunches + Littles focuses on quick, healthy and fun meal options for little ones while sharing practical tips & tricks on how to make meals enjoyable, all the while keeping things simple. A lover of colorful plates and an advocate for getting kids in the kitchen, Lunches + Littles is also a great resource for parents of picky eaters, parents looking for healthy family and toddler recipes and those mamas (dads too!) who are short on time. A mantra of sorts: Making meals fun doesn’t have to be hard! With 3 little ones (3 and under) it can’t be! Follow @lunchesandlittles for all of the above… And more!