It’s time to add another holiday tradition to the mix! Using only 4 ingredients, Kelsey Nixon has an easy-to-make ice cream that’s sure to impress. Have fun with a variety of colors and don’t forget the sparkly sprinkles, this galaxy holiday ice cream is going to be out of this world!
Galaxy Holiday Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- Gel food coloring (red & green for Christmas or blue & white for Hanukah)
- In a large bowl, beat the whipping cream with a mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the vanilla extract and sweetened condensed milk and mix until combined.
- Separate mixture into bowls (one bowl for each color) and add food coloring of choice. Tip: Use gel food coloring for the most vibrant colors!
- Transfer colors to a freezer safe container (I used a 9-inch cake pan) and freeze for 4-6 hours.
Enjoy your galaxy holiday ice cream!
POST BY KELSEY NIXON
Kelsey is an Emmy-nominated TV personality, author, wife, mom, and cooking show host. Her show, Kelsey’s Essentials on Cooking Channel, centers around a tip, technique or tool that shows the home cook how to navigate the kitchen. You can also catch Kelsey dishing about her experiences as a new mom on Family Food and First Time Mom. Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Tip: Gel food coloring tends to result in the most vibrant colors!Transfer colors to a freezer safe container (I used a 9-inch cake pan) and freeze for 4-6 hours.