Written by Becca of CAKE.
It’s been a while since I’ve stopped by Honest to Nod with a new way to Party On! Summer kind of got away from me, but with school in full swing and a fall chill in the air, now is a great time to gather up the troops and host a camp themed slumber party. Like many of you, I’m totally enamored with the Camp Wandawega collection, and it’s the perfect inspiration for a cozy camp-in.
Color Palette: plaid // brick // black // stone
Camp Invitation: available here
Here are my tips to make your slumber party special:
- Encourage everyone to come in their PJs and prepare to get cozy.
- Move the couch out of the way and turn the living room into your very own campsite. Spread sleeping bags in a semi-circle on the floor and tuck a raccoon inside for a big nighttime surprise.
- Plan a hot dog bar for dinner with kid friendly fixins’ like shredded cheese, bacon bits and crushed potato chips.
- Gather up some blankets, games and cards and play inside a teepee or fort. Go fishing.
- Warm little hands by a faux campfire. Encourage pretend play by passing out sticks and marshmallows to ‘roast’, and then bust out some s’mores brownies for a real dessert treat.
- If you have a TV in the room, wind down the evening with a movie viewing from the floor in sleeping bags, and encourage lights out when the movie ends.
- Keep a nightlight on, to point the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
- Send guests off with a little camping buddy as a thank you for spending an evening in the great indoors.
If you need an invitation to get your camp party started, I have just the thing in my shop.
Becca Gorski lives in the SF Bay Area, is a working mother of two, and moonlights as an occasional designer / blogger / celebration maker. You can find her creative ideas at CAKE. and her line of party printables on Etsy.
The Party On series offers inspiration for family friendly parties, featuring items from The Land of Nod that can be incorporated into both your event and your home.