We’ve bought and planted a little Colorado blue spruce this year. The plan is that we will be able to use this little guy for a couple years. We’ll move him out for the rest of the year and then bring him back in for the holidays.
I kept the tree simple with our large bulb lights, my Mini Pendant Christmas Ornaments, Winter Festive Felt Garland, Ice Globe Ornaments, Gem Ornaments and topped it with a geometric himmeli heart that I made.
- Felt in black and white
- Glitter fabric (you can buy a 8×10 sheet at Hobby Lobby for just $1.47)
- Hot glue gun
- 1/4″ dowel (I painted mine gold)
- Baker’s twine
- A copy of the printable template (download it HERE)
- Start by cutting out the pendant shape.
- Fold over the top of the pendant and glue down with hot glue.
- Cut out the letters with small sharp scissor (or I gave myself a short cut and used my Cricut Explore).
- Glue the letters on with hot glue.
- Finish by tying a baker’s twine to either side of the dowel for hanging.
A former elementary school teacher, Jeran has added her unique voice to the modern maker culture through her blog Oleander and Palm. She loves helping people find attainable beauty in the lives they live. Her creativity and industriousness were honed through years of living in third world countries, that challenged her to find novel solutions for creating livable spaces. Now a mother of three, settled in sunny California, her skills and styles are evolving in exciting new ways. Her focus is Simple California Living, designing and making livable spaces that incorporate vintage finds, handmade/DIY pieces and global inspiration.