Post by Rebecca of Not-So-SAHM I know that lots of people out there are over Valentine’s Day, and I get that we don’t need a holiday to tell people we love them. But I love to take a little extra time on this holiday to show my kiddos just how special we think they are. It can’t hurt, right?! And nothing says celebration more to my loves than a kiddie Valentine’s Day mocktail — they think instant party! So I came up with an easy, not too sweet, Valentine’s Heart Mocktail. It technically even has fruit in it (and those pretty pomegranate seeds rise up and down with the bubbles, making for an even more fun treat).
Valentine’s Day Mocktail
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- Heart-shaped ice cube tray
- Sparkling apple juice
- Pink sparkling sugar**
- Place pomegranate seeds in ice cube tray; fill with water and freeze overnight.
- Wet rim of glass and roll in pink sparkling sugar.
- Fill glass with pomegranate heart ice cubes.
- Pour sparkling apple juice over the top. Spread the love!
- **To make pink sparkling sugar, mix 1/4 cup sugar and a few drops of food coloring together. spread onto baking sheet and bake in a 180 F oven for 5-10 minutes.
Rebecca is a mom to two young kiddos and, in her spare time (ha!), likes to pretend she’s a back-up dancer, craft cocktails, and run long distances. A relatively recent SAHM, she blogs family-friendly activities, DIYs and celebration fun at Not-So-SAHM.