Blog post by Rebecca of Not-So-SAHM
We developed a serious thing with gelato this past summer — trying out every gelato shop, truck and cart we came across. I love that it packs so much flavor and richness, that just a little bit is enough. And even though the weather has started to turn cooler, we’re not ready yet to give up our favorite dessert. So we thought we’d try our hand at mixing up a yummy gelato treat full of seasonal flavors. There are plenty of recipes out there for making pumpkin gelato from scratch, but we chose to keep it simple and doctor up one of our favorite local gelatos with pumpkin. Add in our other favorite pumpkin pie ingredients and we had a huge win. Delicious!
(And super super cute when topped with one of our Jack O’Lantern macarons, if I do say so myself)
Pumpkin Pie Gelato Parfaits
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pint Cinnamon Gelato
- 1/4 cup Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup Crushed Graham Crackers
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- Pecans for garnish
- Pumpkin Pie Sugar + Spice*
- Let gelato sit at room temperature until it just starts to soften (about 5 minutes). Scoop gelato into a large mixing bowl and gently fold in canned pumpkin. Place mixture back in freezer until well frozen.
- Layer gelato, crushed graham crackers, and whipped cream into parfait glass. Press each layer gently with the back of a spoon.
- Top with pecans and sprinkle with pumpkin pie sugar + spice.
*To make pumpkin pie sugar + spice, combine: 1 tbsp ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, 3/4 tsp ground allspice, 3/4 tsp ground cloves, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, and 1/2 tsp turbinado sugar.
Rebecca is a mom to two young kiddos and, in her spare time (ha!), likes to pretend she’s a back-up dancer, craft cocktails, and run long distances. A relatively recent SAHM, she blogs family-friendly activities, DIYs and celebration fun at Not-So-SAHM.