Post by Corri McFadden of Glitter & Bubbles
Vegetables and kids? Now, that’s a struggle! Zelda instantly glares at me with her “Not The Veggies” look anytime she thinks some are coming her way. The only way I know how to get some veggies into her diet is to transform them into something else! Knowing how irresistible french fries are, we created these yummy Carrot Fries along with Lemon Mint dip. This light, refreshing dip is one of the best I’ve ever had and makes the perfect dunking addition to these “fries!”
To make the carrot fries you will need:
- Panko bread crumbs
- Long carrot sticks
- Salt and pepper
For the dip, you will need:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped mint
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions for Carrot Fries with Lemon Mint Dip:
- Start by mixing all of the dip ingredients together in a bowl until well blended, then cover and let the drip chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Peel your carrots and then cut them down to your desired “fry” size.
- Then, separate your egg yolks from the egg whites, keeping the whites in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, pour in your panko.
- Start your coating process by dipping the carrots in the egg whites, coating them in panko, and finally, placing them on the baking sheet.
- Bake your fries in the over for 20-30 minutes, or until they’re golden brown and crispy.
Serve them with the chilled Lemon Mint Dip and you little ones won’t suspect a thing!
Corri McFadden is the owner and founder of eDrop-Off Luxury Consignment. As a Style Expert and successful blogger, she hosts a weekly fashion segment on Chicago’s “You and Me This Morning”, and features “Style Recipes”, videos and Fashion “Must Haves” on her self-titled lifestyle website Corri McFadden. Most recently, she launched Glitter and Bubbles, a modern day moms guide for those looking for inspiration through fashion, food and décor.