Ever since we visited New Orleans, I can't stop raving about the watermelon mojitos at Jacques Imos. When I asked our waitress their secret, she said peach rum. So I came home and tried to make my own version. Pretty yummy. If I do say so myself. Here's my imprecise recipe:
INGREDIENTS: 1 small watermelon, 1 bunch of mint, 1 lime, peach rum, ginger ale, ice
1. Slice a small watermelon into medium-sized chunks. Remove the seeds and dump the chunks in a pitcher.
2. Cut up mint (at least 6 sprigs, if not more) and dump in the pitcher.
3. Dump at least a cup of peach rum into the pitcher.
4. Slice up a a lime and add the pieces to the pitcher.
5. Fill up the pitcher with ginger ale (or sprite). You can also add a few tablespoons of sugar, but I found that this made it too sweet.
6. Use a large spoon to muddle. The goal is to have the watermelon become kind of slushy but not completely liquified.
7. Add ice and drink with a straw.
Post by Darcy : bedtimemonsters.blogspot.com