Post by Becca of CAKE
Most of my friends are done having babies, which is really a shame considering that the Land of Nod is killin’ it with the baby gifts this spring and I’m dying to throw a baby sprinkle! I’ve also had these ideas for a bright and colorful baby ‘sprinkle’ on my mind for months. So instead of acting like a crazy person and accosting pregnant strangers with party ideas, I’m putting out the inspiration into Nod land. I can’t wait to see what all of you virtual party and baby loving friends decide to make of this fun theme… it could so easily be turned into a nursery theme too.
Color Palette: fuchsia // strawberry // lilac // cobalt
- I envision this as a brunch event, so let’s start with the obvious. Donut bar. Homemade or store bought really doesn’t matter, as long as they include plenty of colorful sprinkles. And naturally, these donut napkins to coordinate.
- It somehow feels acceptable to sprinkle all sorts of breakfast foods these days, so how about whipping up funfetti waffles or pancakes while you’re at it?
- Mimosas (or faux-mosas) are always a perfect accompaniment to brunch. Rim the glassware with a sugar glaze and dip in sprinkles for an extra festive touch.
- Frame out a special area for food or gifts with a curtain backdrop. These sweet champagne dots are a nice neutral backdrop with a hint of bronze sprinkled in.
- Garlands, garlands, garlands. Sprinkle your space with tassles, poms and strings of circles. Bunch them together for lots of playful texture.
- Punchy Pillows. I’m always an advocate for coordinated pillows as a thoughtful way to spread your color palette throughout a party.
- If you want to splurge a bit on the theme, perhaps even a sprinkled rug that can be gifted to help decorate baby’s nursery.
- For a baby girl, this quilt is my absolute fave as a gift, either for the crib or as a tummy time blanket. Such modern and happy colors!
- Other perfect gifts include something for baby to wear (omg tiny shoes), something to read (I mean chew on) and something to play with (again, chew on).
- If you need an invitation to get your party started, I have both a baby sprinkle and a donut shop option that you may find useful.
Becca Gorski lives in the SF Bay Area, is a working mother of two, and moonlights as an occasional designer / blogger / celebration maker. You can find her creative ideas at CAKE. and her line of party printables on Etsy. The Party On series offers inspiration for family friendly parties, featuring items from The Land of Nod that can be incorporated into both your event and your home.